Monday, December 11, 2006

Writer's Block

Ever have one of those days when you know you need to write something or do something and you just can't? That's been my situation for the past few days. Complete and total writer's block.

Several things can cause writer's block. In my case, stress (holidays, a son who has learned how to screech, moving said son into his crib and limbo with the work situation) and health (yeah - not getting any better) are the culprits. I would love to be able to write every day and just stare the blank page down. Unfortunately, right now that is not an option. Now, if I were getting paid and had a deadline, that would be a different story. I guess the answer there is to find some freelance opportunities and start writing articles. It should be fun and if I get a little money in the doing, all the better.

So, that is where I have been for the past few days. Staring at a blank page and trying to decide what to write about, what I have energy to write about. Thus, an article on not being able to write. Hopefully it will start the creative juices up again soon.

No comments: