Thursday, February 8, 2007

No more Chinese food!

It has been a very long week and one I do not wish to repeat ever in my lifetime. Why so long? Well, because it seems that Chinese food and I no longer get along.

Our saga began Super Bowl Sunday. My husband and I ordered some Chinese food for lunch, each of us getting different dishes, and enjoyed our meal but felt a little off a few hours later. Monday, I had some of the leftover Chinese (which we had put away promptly and I heated) for lunch. Less than 20 minutes after eating, I had to call my husband and ask him to come home - I was incredibly sick. Hubby came, but wasn't feeling too well himself and ended up getting just as ill within an hour of coming home. Seven hours later, we were in the ER trying to get better.

To make a long story short - my hubby got to come home early Tuesday morning while I just got out of the hospital today. There are red streaks up and down my arms where the medicine was injected and my stomach still isn't totally together, but I am much better than I was.

We're suspicious, but not positive, that this was food poisoning of some kind and it seems that most of the food poisoning cases I have heard of have something to do with Chinese food so...

All in all - we aren't having Chinese, no matter how much we enjoy it. We'll dine in the rest of Asia, but we are off Chinese for a good long while.

1 comment:

j.k.a said...

I'm so glad you're finally home again and on the road to feeling better....hope thre rest of the family is feeling better too!