Sunday, July 15, 2007

Absolutely Beautiful





Ever since I was a little girl I have been fascinated by outer space. I still remember watching rockets go up from Cape Kennedy (now Cape Canaveral) from outside my preschool when we lived in Satellite Beach, FL and wondering what it would get to see that I would not. Now I don't have to wonder, I can see for myself.

I found an amazing site while reading CNN.com the other day. The site is based out of England and is geared towards the astronomy enthusiast. Yes, everyone can now help professional astronomers classify galaxies from far, far away. The three pictures I have here are three of the most beautiful space photos I have seen in a long time. Yes, the photo of the Earth from space is beautiful and amazing, but these examples of spiral and elliptical galaxies are amazing.

So if you have ever had a yearning for space or dreams of being an astronomer take a trip to GalaxyZoo, take the tutorial and the short test and maybe you can help classify objects in space.

No comments: