Monday, November 26, 2007

Happy 1 Year! (A Little Late)

OK - so I didn't notice until today that I have been writing this blog for a little over a year. Yep - I have actually managed to keep finding things to say, sometimes about do-overs but mostly not, for more than 365 days. Wow. Here are some of the things I have noticed over the course of the year:

1) Writing a blog is not easy. Its more than a journal, but not quite a column. Either way you still have to spell correctly! (Says the girl with minor dyslexia.)

2) Never, never, never write late at night after taking an Ambien. OK, you can do it but understand that you will have NO idea what you wrote the day before or what the heck it means, even if it was very important when you wrote it.

3) Writing every day is harder than it may seem at first, especially if you are doing too much multitasking.

4) Its pretty neat to see where your readers are. So far I have had readers from places like: Poland, Germany, England, British Columbia (Hi, Ramp & Scar!), Oglethorpe University (that was new today) and the Fairfax Nursing home. Granted, this is just where the IP addresses are located, but it is pretty neat regardless.

5) Even if you know where people are from, you have no idea who they are - except maybe one or two readers. It would be nice to know who folks are, but not knowing is OK as well. Maybe I would get stage fright if I knew...hmmm.

So, those are the things I have learned just about blogging. Things I have learned over the course of the year would take up too much space and probably bore you all to death. I am glad I started this blog - its been a great adventure so far. Hopefully the adventure will continue.

Thank you for reading!

No comments: