Thursday, November 13, 2008

25,427 and counting

According to the lovely widgets on NaNoWriMo.org, I am more than 50% through the required 50,000 words and should finish with 4 days to spare.

What the lovely widgets don't know is that I am hitting a wall. I am trying to figure out how to cram EVERYTHING I want to say into those last 24,573 words. Wow - who knew writing this story would bring so much that needs to be said up. OK, well, I did. However, its stalling me out.

Yep - I am stalled.

Of course it doesn't help that yesterday I ran into a serious people issue of the type I was hoping to avoid until December. Nope...got to get it this month. Of course.

Which meant an email that was almost 2000 words.

Why is it that I can write emails of 2K words without thinking - but writing 2K words of a continuous story is harder than heck?

I want to get past 26,000 today. That is the goal. I think I can do it. It needs to be done. This book needs to be finished.

Once I do that, then we can worry about an agent. :-)

Until that time please send all white light this way!

Oh - and if you want to read a piece (unedited - remember this is get it on the page month) of the story head over to my NaNoWriMo site through the title link. Its under Novel Info.

Let me know what you think of it!

Thanks!

No comments: