Friday, November 7, 2008

NaNoWriMo Update

OK - I am 14,551 words in as of 12:46 AM 11/7, but I am counting that as 11/6's word count. So far I have managed to:

Get my heroine to New Orleans to visit her dying grandmother.
Get my heroine in a lot of trouble with her family cause no one likes her grandmother or the people her grandmother likes.
Get my heroine fired for something she couldn't control.
Have her grandmother essentially take her hostage - but without guns, just with nastiness.

What I haven't been able to do just yet:

Include the fact that my heroine and her family are Jewish and that they are dyed in the wool Southern Jews.
Figure out how to include the New Orleans the artistic natives see.
Figure out why her cousin moved to New Orleans after his parents died.

hmmmm

14,551

I like the sound of that.

No comments: