Sunday, November 2, 2008

What the heck is NaNoWriMo

Since I was a little girl the only I have wanted to do is write a book. A real, full length other people read it book. I have even made space on shelves in bookstores where my book would someday magically appear.

The only problem is that I have never been able to finish a full book - writing one that is.

Enter the solution, I hope! The badge at the top of this page represents NaNoWriMo and all its glory. What is NaNoWriMo? Its a bunch of really INSANE people who carve time into their schedules every November to write a novel, thus National Novel Writing Month or NaNoWriMo.

The goal is 50K words in 30 days. I gave myself a bit of a headstart this year - I know, you are not supposed to so those of you who are purists please don't hold it against me. I have enough against me to begin with! (Fibromyalgia, a 2 year old, full time job...etc.) I hope to make more than 50K words since I started with something I had already started a bit. However - I will be more than thrilled with 50K.

Keep your fingers crossed and send all the white light you can. I hope I can do it this year!!!

2 comments:

Lisa L. Leibow said...

Good Luck! I'm cheering for you to finish the 50,000 words! The little winner NanoWriMo icon will look sooo cool on your blog!

Keep us posted on your progress.

Lisa Moore aka Liadona Rau said...

Thank you!!