Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy Dance

I used to dance all the time. According to my mom, I used to dance even before I walked. Today, I watch my do what we call his "Happy Dance" at least once a day. What I forgot, and continue to forget, is how happy dancing can make you. Not the choreographed, on a stage dancing - although that can be happy inducing as well, but just the find the rhythm and just move dancing. Now I have a way, besides my son, to remember that shear joy and I realize again that this is a joy shared around the world.

I am sure many of you have already seen Matt Harding's dance - its been on the Internet for years. Today was the first time I saw the latest installment which includes:

- Tel Aviv, Israel
- Tonga
- Mali
- A Zero Gravity flight
- Austrailia
- Munich, Germany
- Stockholm, Sweden
and
- Mumbai, India (this was posted this summer, so it was taped before this week's tragedy)

Just to name a few.

This guy just puts a goofy grin on his face and dances.

He is just happy as are the other people who dance with him.

So, as I sit in my home and think about everything that has been happening recently and all the things that can drag you down, I am also forced to remember the good things such as:

- The beauty of seeing Jupiter, Venus and the moon all near each other
- My son playing with trains
- Finishing my first draft of my (first) novel
- The feeling of walking down the last two miles of each and every, but especially the very first, Avon Breast Cancer 3-Day (now Susan G. Koman 3-Day)

and

- A crazy guy who wanders the Earth and dances.

No comments: