Saturday, January 17, 2009

What a day

For anyone who follows my Facebook page, you may have seen my status update about running to the hospital with Sammy. It seems he woke up at about 3:30 this morning screaming. Eric brought him into bed with us thinking he would either calm down or wake me up. Neither one happened. By the time I woke up at about 6:30 (gotta love those sleeping drugs) he was still screaming.

I went in to find out what was going on, saw him cupping his ears and got a really bad feeling. We left for the ER soon after that and were seen by 7:30.

Double ear infections. One ear far worse than the other, but both none-the-less.

Hoo Boy. Guess we're not going to the Inaugural Concert tomorrow!

By the time we got home, Sammy was snoring in the back seat. We transferred him inside with little difficulty and he proceeded to sleep for hours. I would too if I were him. Sydney was around and willing, so we took the opportunity to slip out to the grocery stores for supplies and medications for TLG. Then it happened.

I started feeling sicker than I had been.

My little cold turned into something much more nefarious.

Great. Wonderful. Just flippin' fantastic!

Now, not only do I feel like absolute crap, am I also unavailable to help my husband and my son get through the ear infection. Oh - and to make it even better, it might be an ear infection in me as well.

Here are the symptoms -

Fever of about 101.8
Absolute horrific pain in my right ear
I can't hear out of that ear at all
I feel just miserable

Not a great way to start a 3-day weekend.

No comments: