Saturday, February 21, 2009

Update on TLG


For those of you who are new to the blog - and I think there are more than a few of you since my hits went from 1509 to 1525 in one day, thank you! - TLG is "The Little Guy", also known as my son Sammy. Believe it or not, he is 2.5 years old and not the 4 years he appears to be in these pictures. Yes, looks can be deceiving, which, as it turns out, is one of the most frustrating things about delayed speech.

If he looked closer to his age perhaps I wouldn't feel so obligated to explain every time someone asks about him that he is really only 2. A really big 2, but 2 none the less. I might also not be so concerned that he was more interested in playing in the sand box than with the other kids at the pre-school event today. Then again - maybe I would, who knows. It is a mother's job to worry and I do it so well.

Regardless of all of the above - there is some good news to report today. Sammy is more vocal than he was just two weeks ago. Even better, it sounds more recognizable than two weeks ago as well. We could distinctly recognize "duck," "me," and the name of the nanny who lives with us as he ran around the house today. I have no idea why and to be honest, I don't care as long as it continues.

Oh, and for you cynics out there - I know there will be a day when I will quietly ask if he knows a word other than "Mama," but for now I just cannot wait to hear it for the first time.

2 comments:

the blueblog said...

Hi Lisa - You got the free book on the blueblog, would you mind sending me your address to ad (at) bluechrome.co.uk

cheers

Anthony

Lisa Moore said...

Thanks, Anthony! Address should be on its way!

Lisa