Friday, October 15, 2010

Almost November...testing writing implements

Yes, I am an Apple aficionado. We have iPods, iPhones, iPads, MacBooks. We bleed Apple. So I am trying to figure out the best tools to use for this year's NaNoWriMo.

Instant thought - Hey, the iPad is lighter than the computer, let me try that! Well, the iPad also has a cramped keyboard making my typing so much slower. It also has a 4 year old boy who is so interested in the movies on YouTube that he takes the iPad whenever he gets a chance. Whoops!

However, the app I am using is called My Writing Nook. You can type on any product - in my case the iPad - make sure you sync it and then you can type on your story in their Web based technology as soon as it finishes syncing. It's even smart enough to know when you have two different versions of the same story.

So - what have I learned thus far? I need a keyboard that is about the size of a laptop's so I can reach my goal of 1700-2000 words a day. However, the music on the iPad is so much better, I cannot even tell you!

Now, if I had that sweet bluetooth keyboard and the stand I would be in geek heaven. (Hey - Steve Jobs! Can I get some product placement for NaNoWriMo??? Pretty please with sugar on top????)

Next up -

The playlist as it stands.

No comments: