Monday, December 13, 2010

A Very Merry Mickey Birthday!

There was an explosion today on my Facebook page, only I was not near it to witness it. Nor did I sign on in anyway. I also avoided the phone itself.

And here's why?

Because I typically do those things when spending my birthday with my family. And this year was no different, with the phone and emails anyway. The rest of the celebration, far from the same. This year, I found an amazing deal and convinced my husband that we needed to go to Disney World for Christmas. Then my parents invited themselves to come along (better than it sounds) and we then extended the invitation to Eric's family, of whom his sister could join.

Am I crazy? Maybe, but I don't care.

I was asked by one of my friends if I was having a good Birthday. The answer - an unequivocal YES!!! And not because I am a Disney fanatic - I have been here about 30 times, but most of those trips were before I was the age of 7 - or because we finally have a vacation, the first in about 5 years.

My birthday has been fantastic because I got exactly what I wanted. My family all together eating a meal and having fun. And not just the family we typically see, but also some cousins I get to see once every few years or so. This was a truly marvelous day and was successfully accomplished without a single singing of the "Happy Birthday" song or the blowing out of a candle.

So - highlights of my birthday itself:

1) Seeing my son's face when he rode the monorail for the first time.
2) His excitement to see the castle, which he calls Mickey's castle.
3) The joy on his face as we went through "It's A Small World"
4) The joy on my mom's face when she realized "It's A Small World" was such a success - it's her favorite ride.
5) "Again!" as we had to exit "It's a Small World"
6) His joy over our visit with our cousins.
7) Being in Germany for dinner for my birthday. For those who don't know - I was born in Germany 41 years ago yesterday (12/12/1969)
8) Being confused for a 20 something by our server who was not just out for more tips. He was genuinely shocked when we told him.
9) Being in a Biergarten for my birthday.
10) Spaetzel, apfel strudel and Berry compote - my favorite side dish and desserts from today.
11) The Cream Herring salad, roast chicken, cucumber salad were also up there. All food yummy!
12) Spending the day with as much family as possible. Amazing and exactly what I wanted for the day. Thank you to everyone who made the trip!

We're still here for a few days so an actual Disney Trip blog is in the making. Watch for it in the next few days.

Until then, this is just about the birthday, For the trip, I'll just keep you up to date via this blog and photos but not until after our trip to Animal Kingdom tomorrow.

2 comments:

badoo espaƱa said...

I love this. Thankyou. x

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog