Monday, June 18, 2012

Vacation Comes to an End - Oh Well

It was wonderful.  It was relaxing, fun, and exciting.  We enjoyed the week together and have memories we will share for a lifetime - all good.

How did it end?  With Father's Day and a very happy Daddy.

My husband does an amazing amount for us.  We are a family of special needs all over the place.  Between a cat who needs meds, a child who needs speech therapy/OT, a wife who needs help after 4 PM, a dog and fish there is no escaping "Daddy, I need you!"  So, when my husband told me that he wanted Lord of the Rings Legos, how could I say no?

I did say that he couldn't have the whole set at once.  To be honest - so did the Lego store.  They were sold out of several of the sets, but that's what we get for waiting until AFTER vacation to get the present.

Pair that with a graphic novel version of "The Hobbit" to help our son understand the story just a wee bit better as it is read to him (he's 5, almost 6, after all and it's his first BIG chapter book) and we had a really, really happy Daddy.

Oh - and the Pizza for dinner didn't hurt either.

Happy belated Father's Day to all the Dads out there.  Y'all move mountains at times.

And a special Happy Father's Day to my husband/hero.  He's a special one and I'm more than happy he's in my life.

No comments: